Three Udall Shumway Attorneys Named to 2013 Southwest SuperLawyers
Udall Shumway PLC congratulates three attorneys who have been selected for inclusion in the 2013 Southwest Super Lawyers list recognizing [...]Read Full Article
Udall Shumway Welcomes Chris Gulinson and Addition of Workers’ Compensation Practice
Udall Shumway PLC is pleased to announce that Chris Gulinson has joined the firm as a partner. Mr. Gulinson will [...]Read Full Article
Contact Information1138 North Alma School Road
Mesa, Arizona 85201
Phone: (480) 461-5300
Fax: (480) 833-9392
Barry C. Dickerson
1138 North Alma School Road
Mesa, Arizona 85201
Barry Dickerson is an Arizona native. He joined the firm in 1975, and has practiced law for over 36 years. Mr. Dickerson devotes his practice to family law, guardianship, conservatorship and probate matters.
Mr. Dickerson is certified by the State Bar of Arizona as a specialist in Family Law and has practiced in this area of law for more than 32 years. Mr. Dickerson routinely handles matters involving all aspects of child custody, paternity, relocation and interstate custody issues under the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA), child and spousal support issues, cases with issues of complex valuation and division of property, assets and debts.
Guardianship and Conservatorship
Mr. Dickerson also practices in the area of guardianships and conservatorships for minors and adults. This includes initiating the proceeding, complying with annual court filings, litigation issues and termination. Because of Mr. Dickerson’s experience as a probate and trial attorney, he is often asked to assist in these types of cases when litigation is required.
- J.D., University of Arizona College of Law, 1975
- B.A., Brigham Young University, 1972 (History major with minor in Spanish)
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- State of Arizona and Arizona Federal District Court, 1975
- United States Supreme Court, 1981
- Maricopa County Bar
- East Valley Bar, President- 1981 to 1982
- State Bar of Arizona
- Arizona Board Certified Family Law Specialist (Member Since 1999)
- Arizona Superior Court Judge Pro Tem (Member Since 1994)
Mr. Dickerson has served as a judge pro tem for the Arizona Superior Court in Maricopa County, primarily in family law cases. Further, as an adjunct to his responsibilities as a judge pro tem he has served as a settlement judge for the Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) office of the Maricopa County Court.
- Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory – AV rated (highest competency/ethical standard)
- Phi Alpha Delta legal fraternity
- Managing partner for 4 years
- Member of firm management committee for 12 years
- Trustee of firm pension and profit sharing plan, 401(k) and retirement management
- Member of the Sertoma Club of Mesa since 1979. President of the club from 1984 to 1985 and 2009 to 2010.
- Mr. Dickerson has further been and continues to be involved as an adult leader in the Boy Scouts of America on the District and Council level. He has served on the staff of many Wood Badge training courses, including course director, and has served as a Wood Badge Coordinator for the Grand Canyon Council. He served as an assistant Scoutmaster for a council contingent troop which attended the 2010 National Jamboree in Ft. A.P. Hill, Virginia. He is currently serving as the Scoutmaster for another council contingent troop which will attend the 2013 National Jamboree at the Summit in West Virginia. He is the recipient of many leadership awards for his service to youth, including the prestigious Silver Beaver award which is the highest recognition given to adult Scout volunteers in the Grand Canyon Council.