Lindsay A. M. Olivarez
1138 North Alma School Road
Mesa, Arizona 85201
Lindsay A. M. Olivarez joined Udall Shumway PLC in 2011. She has 12 years of family law experience including her work in the field as a paralegal and law clerk prior to becoming an attorney. As an attorney, Lindsay’s clients rely on her as an effective advocate during their time of family transition while remaining a solution-oriented problem solver to bring about amicable resolution where possible. Lindsay has represented clients in a wide array of family law issues including divorce, custody (now known as “legal decision making”), relocation and modification actions. Lindsay has experience working with clients at every stage of representation from initial filing through final settlement or trial. She also frequently represents clients in uncontested family law matters.
Lindsay is a proud “Double Devil” having received her Juris Doctorate from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, and both her Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from ASU and Barrett, the Honors College, Summa Cum Laude. From law school, Lindsay graduated with Pro Bono Distinction and as a Pedrick Scholar. She was an Assistant Project Director for the Homeless Legal Assistance Project assisting valley homeless families with largely family law matters. She additionally authored a paper on the Maricopa County Spousal Maintenance Guidelines using extensive original research. Additionally, Lindsay’s commitment to family law was honored with her receipt of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Arizona Chapter 2007-2008 Scholarship.
As an active member of the community at large, Lindsay has a passion for improving the lives and education of children. She presently sits on the Board of Directors for the Association for Supportive Child Care, a non-profit organization dedicated to the enhancement of child care for Arizona’s children, and was previously a 3-year volunteer mock trial coach at a valley high school.
Away from the office, Lindsay enjoys time with her active family. Lindsay, her husband, daughter, and Goldendoodle can usually be found at a kids’ sports practice, at an air show, cheering on the Chicago Cubs (Lindsay’s home town team), or simply enjoying one of many outdoor activities in either Arizona or Montana.
- J.D., Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, 2009
- B.A., Arizona State University, 2006 (Major: Psychology)
- B.S., Arizona State University, 2006 (Major: Justice Studies)
Professional Associations & Community Involvement
- State Bar of Arizona, 2009 – Present
- Family Law Section Member, 2011 – Present
- Young Lawyers’ Division Member, 2009 – Present
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- Arizona Women Lawyers’ Association, 2006 – Present
- Maricopa Charter Steering Committee, 2015 – 2014
- Maricopa Charter Membership Committee, 2014
- Maricopa Chapter Social Committee, 2013
- Maricopa Chapter Mentorship Committee, 2012
- Association for Supportive Child Care Board of Directors, 2015 – Present
- Maricopa County Bar Association, 2009 – Present
- Family Law Section Member, 2001 – Present
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, 2009 – Present
- American Bar Association, 2006 – 2013
- Xavier College Preparatory Mock Trial East Squad Attorney Coach, 2012 – 2013, 2013 – 2014, 2014 – 2015
- Beta Psi Chapter of Kappa Delta Sorority Chapter Advisory Board, 2006 – 2010
- Academic Excellence Advisor, 2006 – 2007
- Standards Advisor, 2007 – 2010