Lindsay A. M. Olivarez
1138 North Alma School Road
Mesa, Arizona 85201
Lindsay A. M. Olivarez joined Udall Shumway PLC in 2011. Ms. Olivarez focuses her practice in the area of Education Law, representing the firm’s clients in a broad range of matters, including student discipline, open meeting law compliance, employment law, and policy review. Previously, she represented clients in the area of family law. As an attorney, Lindsay’s clients rely on her as an effective advocate and a solution-oriented problem solver. As a family law attorney, Lindsay represented clients in a wide array of family law issues including divorce, custody (now known as “legal decision making”), relocation and modification actions from initial filing through final resolution or trial. Additionally, Lindsay has historically assisted education law clients navigate family law issues including Subpoena compliance and court order interpretation. Lindsay has also presented to education law clients on matters involving family law. Her experience and background will serve her Education Law clients well going forward.
Lindsay is a proud “Double Devil” having received her Juris Doctorate from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, and both her Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from ASU and Barrett, the Honors College, Summa Cum Laude. From law school, Lindsay graduated with Pro Bono Distinction and as a Pedrick Scholar. She was an Assistant Project Director for the Homeless Legal Assistance Project and she was awarded the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Arizona Chapter 2007-2008 Scholarship.
As an active member of the community at large, Lindsay has a passion for improving the lives and education of children. She presently sits on the Board of Directors for the Association for Supportive Child Care, a non-profit organization dedicated to the enhancement of child care for Arizona’s children, and was previously a 3-year volunteer mock trial coach at a valley high school.
Away from the office, Lindsay enjoys time with her active family. Lindsay, her husband, daughter, and Goldendoodle can usually be found at a kids’ sports practice, at an air show, cheering on the Chicago Cubs (Lindsay’s home town team), or simply enjoying one of many outdoor activities in either Arizona or Montana.
- J.D., Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, 2009
- B.A., Arizona State University, 2006 (Major: Psychology)
- B.S., Arizona State University, 2006 (Major: Justice Studies)
Professional Associations & Community Involvement
- State Bar of Arizona, 2009 – Present
- Family Law Section Member, 2011 – Present
- Young Lawyers’ Division Member, 2009 – Present
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- Arizona Women Lawyers’ Association, 2006 – Present
- Maricopa Charter Steering Committee, 2015 – 2014
- Maricopa Charter Membership Committee, 2014
- Maricopa Chapter Social Committee, 2013
- Maricopa Chapter Mentorship Committee, 2012
- Association for Supportive Child Care Board of Directors, 2015 – Present
- Maricopa County Bar Association, 2009 – Present
- Family Law Section Member, 2001 – Present
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, 2009 – Present
- American Bar Association, 2006 – 2013
- Xavier College Preparatory Mock Trial East Squad Attorney Coach, 2012 – 2013, 2013 – 2014, 2014 – 2015
- Beta Psi Chapter of Kappa Delta Sorority Chapter Advisory Board, 2006 – 2010
- Academic Excellence Advisor, 2006 – 2007
- Standards Advisor, 2007 – 2010