Sheri D. Shepard
1138 North Alma School Road, Suite 101
Mesa, Arizona 85201
Sheri Shepard practices in the area of Family Law where she has successfully represented families since 2005. Ms. Shepard joined Udall Shumway PLC in 2005. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Ms. Shepard worked as a Paralegal in the family law area for seven years until 2001. In 2002, Ms. Shepard graduated from Arizona State University with a Bachelors Degree in Psychology. Her degree in psychology has served her well in understanding the emotional difficulties her clients experience during their family law cases.
Ms. Shepard graduated from Washburn University School of Law in Topeka, Kansas in May 2005. While attending law school, Ms. Shepard was a student editor for the American Bar Association Family Law Quarterly Bar Journal for four editions. She was President of the Washburn Moot Court Council, and argued at the Dominick L. Gabrielli National Family Law Competition. She was a legal intern at the Washburn Law Clinic where she successfully represented clients in custody and paternity actions. Additionally, while in law school, Ms. Shepard also clerked for an AV rated law firm in Topeka.
Ms. Shepard was raised in Tucson and moved to the East Valley in 1994. Ms. Shepard has gone through her own divorce with children and thus has personal experience with the emotional aspects and practical issues surrounding it. She effectively and zealously advocates equally for both her male and female clients.
- J.D., Washburn University School of Law, 2005
- B.A., Arizona State University, 2002
- AAS, Pima Community College, 1993
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Arizona State Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- State of Arizona Bar Association (2005 – present)
- Maricopa County Bar Association (2006-2009)
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association, member (2006- 2013)
- AWLA Board of Directors (2009-2012); AWLA – Maricopa Chapter Executive Committee Member (2009-2013); Maricopa Chapter Steering Committee Member (2007-2013)
- Arizona State University, Parent Ambassador, Sun Devil Family Association (2013)