When your loved one is living in a nursing home, you can’t be there 24/7 to ensure that he or she is receiving appropriate and attentive care. Learning the signs of nursing home abuse can help you detect any problems during your visits. Ideally, the absence of these signs will give you peace of mind that your loved one is being well cared for.
Here are some common warning signs of nursing home abuse:
- Cuts, scratches, bruises, welts, etc.
- Torn, stained or bloody clothing
- Drowsiness or blank stare (signs of over-medication)
- General changes in behavior
- Acting upset, nervous, or depressed
- Becoming withdrawn or non-communicative
- Rocking or thumb sucking
- Poor hygiene
- Lack of appropriate medication
- Failure to promptly address health & safety concerns
- Dirty or unsanitary living facilities
If you are noticing any of these signs or even generally suspect that there may be an issue with your assisted living facility conditions or staff, you owe it to yourself and to your loved one to give our Arizona nursing home abuse lawyer a call.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.