In March of last year I was involved in an accident in a supermarket in Australia.  The accident was the result of a machine being left on which created a large amount of water on the floor.  Following the accident, I was referred to a surgeon but they were unable to make a diagnosis.  Since coming to Arizona, I’ve been able to receive a diagnosis and begin receiving treatment from doctors here.   While I continue to recover, I would like to file a law suit – can an attorney in the US help me with an injury lawsuit in Australia?


The short answer is you will need an Australian attorney to pursue the claim on your behalf.  There is likely little that an Arizona attorney can do for you, other than maybe refer you to local medical providers who treat injuries.