Here is How to Get Help with Immigration Issues

The United States is in a period of transition, and along with it comes some uncertainty regarding immigration. If you are an immigrant, or have family members who want to come to the U.S., you may have some concerns about how to handle the complex questions ahead of you. It is important to know how to get help with immigration issues as they arise.

Determine Which Type of Visa You Need

There are various kinds of visas for temporary and permanent use. An experienced attorney understands the many types of visas that are available and will help you choose the one that is right for you. In some cases, you may qualify for more than one category of visa, so it is helpful to learn which one fits your needs best. Different types of visas take longer to get, so it is important that you begin the process as early as possible.

Assistance with a Notice to Appear

A Notice to Appear, NTA, is a legal communication that requires you to appear in court. The notice must be taken seriously. You will be provided with a date, time, and location. The notice will indicate the nature of the issue that must be resolved. Failure to appear will result in a request for your immediate removal from the country. An attorney will advise you on how to resolve the problem and will represent you throughout the process.

Help with Problems Involving Deportation

The threat of deportation is a serious one. If you are in the country illegally, or have overstayed your visa, you could be subject to deportation. You may also be deported if you have committed a serious crime. In many cases, an attorney will help you legally remain in the country. It is best to consult with a lawyer as soon as possible to avoid the fear of being removed.

Immigration Guidelines Continue to Change

The guidelines and laws associated with immigration continue to change, so it can be difficult to know exactly what you should do under different circumstances. You may get advice from a number of people, but it is important to realize that only a knowledgeable immigration lawyer knows the latest rules and how they apply to your case. Your attorney will protect your rights and do everything necessary to resolve your problem.

Contact the lawyers at Udall Shumway PLC to schedule a consultation to discuss your immigration questions and concerns.

This blog should be used for informational purposes only. It does not create an attorney-client relationship with any reader and should not be construed as legal advice. If you need legal advice regarding Help with Immigration Issues, or other Immigration Law matters, please feel free to contact Phil D. Ortega at 480.461.5330, log on to,  or contact an attorney in your area. Udall Shumway PLC is located in Mesa, Arizona and is a full service law firm. We assist Individuals, families, businesses, schools and municipalities in Mesa and the Phoenix/East Valley.