1138 North Alma School Road, Suite 101
Mesa, Arizona 85201
Jessica Sanchez is a partner with the firm Udall Shumway PLC. Ms. Sanchez focuses her practice primarily in the area of education law, representing school districts and charter schools throughout the State. In addition to her time at Udall Shumway PLC, Ms. Sanchez has also served as in-house legal counsel for the Scottsdale Unified School District and the General Counsel for the three Tempe School Districts (Tempe Union High School District, Tempe Elementary School District and Kyrene Elementary School District).
Ms. Sanchez has experience providing legal advice and representation on a broad range of matters including, but not limited to, special education, student discipline, employment matters, Open Meeting Law, public records, policy review, and governing board liability issues. Ms. Sanchez has conducted many in-service training programs and has presented a variety of seminars for the National Business Institute, MEDS-PDN, and the Arizona School Boards Association.
- J.D., Arizona State University, 2006
- B.A., Northern Arizona University, 2002
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Professional Associations and Community Involvement
- Arizona School Board Association/Arizona Council of School Attorneys
- National School Boards Association/Council of School Attorneys
- Maricopa County Bar Association – Hall of Fame Committee, 2016-Present
- State Bar of Arizona – Board of Governors, 2017 – Present, Appointments Committee, 2013 – Present (current Chair Person), Bar Leadership Academy, 2012-2013
- Los Abogados Hispanic Bar Association – 2016 President, 2013 Emerging Leader Award, Board of Directors, 2007-2017
- Hispanic National Bar Association Bar – Deputy President for Region XIV, 2017 “Top Lawyer Under 40” Award, HNBA Program Mentor