Jonathan D. Brooks
Jonathan D. Brooks joined Udall Shumway PLC in 2016. He focuses his practice on representing individuals in the diverse area of family law, handling a variety of matters including dissolution, paternity, child support, spousal maintenance, relocation, premarital agreements, and adoption. Mr. Brooks is an experienced litigator, representing clients throughout all stages of the family court process, including appeals. He was selected by Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020, a recognition received by no more than 2.5 percent of Arizona lawyers.
Mr. Brooks obtained his Juris Doctor from Thomas Jefferson School of Law in 2010. While in law school, he was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society, was on the Distinguished Honor Roll, and received a Pro-Bono Honors Certificate. Mr. Brooks received a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a Bachelor of Arts in History from Arizona State University in 2006.
An active leader, Mr. Brooks is privileged to serve as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Scottsdale Training and Rehabilitation Services (STARS), a non-profit organization which tirelessly works to improve the lives of individuals with developmental and cognitive disabilities. He also serves as an executive council member of the Arizona State Young Alumni Chapter. Mr. Brooks volunteers his time with numerous legal organizations, including the Volunteer Lawyers Program, Wills for Heroes, and the Paiute Center Neighborhood Legal Clinic in Scottsdale.
- Family Law
- J.D., Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, 2010
- B.A., Arizona State University, 2006 (Political Science)
- B.A., Arizona State University, 2006 (History)
- Scottsdale Training and Rehabilitation Services (STARS), Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Arizona State Young Alumni Chapter, Executive Council
- GET Phoenix, Member
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Arizona State Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars 2016 – 2019
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona
- Family law Section Member
- Young Lawyers’ Division Member
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Family Law Section Member
- East Valley Bar Association