Skip to content
Develop and/or revise human resource policies relating to employees including:
- Sexual harassment
- Whistle-blower protection and retaliation
- Wage and hour laws, overtime, minimum wage, equal pay and “glass ceiling” matters
- Employee benefits
- Employee stock and stock option agreements
- Immigration matters, visas and green cards
- Employee privacy
- Employee discipline
- Employee leave including the Family Medical Leave Act
- Wrongful termination
- Employment contracts, non-competition agreements and severance and settlement agreements
- Contract and tax issues for independent contractors
- Workplace health and safety and employer safety compliance
- Develop and/or revise contracts of employment.
- Provide advice and assistance regarding the termination of difficult employees.
- Represent businesses and municipal entities in all phases of discipline and dismissal proceedings.
- Provide advice regarding COBRA and ERISA issues.
- Represent businesses and municipalities in evaluating the handling of employee claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, and the Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 1991.
- Represent businesses and municipal entities in responding to employee complaints alleging discrimination and the filing of complaints with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the State Civil Rights Division of the Attorney General’s Office.
- Represent businesses and municipalities in litigating all forms of employment disputes.
- Consult with clients on issues relating to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Represent businesses and municipalities with complaints related to the violation of federal or state anti-discrimination and civil rights laws relating to gender, race, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or disabilities.