Disabilities & Special Education Law
The firm has a depth and wealth of experience helping to ensure school districts properly comply with Federal and State laws protecting adults and children with disabilities, such as Americans With Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act. For example, the firm:
- Provides advice and assistance to ensure school districts are compliance with Federal and State disability laws.
- Represents school districts in evaluating, advising, and responding to parent complaints alleging disability discrimination issues arising under Section 504, the IDEA and State laws.
- Represents school districts in special education due process hearings, resolution meetings and mediation proceedings.
- Assists school districts in developing Accommodation Plans for disabled students and employees.
- Advises school districts regarding the interplay between the ADA, FMLA Short and Long Term Disability and Worker’s Compensation laws.